Tuesday 14 July 2015

Choices

Today I found out that we have 4 genetically normal embryos that we can use for frozen embryo transfer. There are also 2 more that have genetic defects but could still quite likely result in a successful pregnancy. The babies that may result from those embryos could have health problems but would survive. This means when it comes to it we have to decide whether to let those 2 perish or use them in transfer. We will use our 4 healthy embryos first but I hate that we have to make that choice. When it was just about embryos which have my translocation and would not survive to term the choice is easy. I also know that God has only given us the amount of embryos that we need. As we only get 3 goes at FET (I think) I'm not sure what to make of the fact we have 4. Maybe we will have a failed cycle along the way. I am praying that we are not going to have to decide to let unused frozen embryos perish. After a certain number you have to pay and we can't afford that! I need to check all this of course. I've been struggling with headaches and dizzy spells which is my bodies response to stress. I thought finding out would help but actually feeling even worse since finding out! I wish my body didn't deal with stress in that way but it always has done! This is such an ethical minefield and I almost feel guilty for being happy about having embryos to choose from! I am happy. I have to phone the clinic Monday and all being well they'll let me book in for transfer. There's a chance they'll make me wait another month due to the over stimulation but am praying that doesn't happen!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we've not been in touch lately but still praying for you guys. Hope you're coping okay with the waiting xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are better with the waiting than others! Plenty of busy shifts at work to distract me. Annoyed I have to wait till September but it gives me time to get properly fit and healthy again.

    ReplyDelete