Tuesday 27 January 2015

Healthy body, healthy mind

If you have been following my Facebook posts recently you will know I have taken up running. Now that I have found a way of pacing myself and building up my stamina it is a really enjoyable past time. I am finding that as I am wrestling with this IVF decision going for a run is a great way of clearing my head and relieving stress. I have had a lot of advice about taking up running and people have told me it works well if you have a goal. I have found that, for me a distance or race goal doesn't motivate me. Inevitably, my main goal in life is to be Mum! I realised while out running this morning that I can make that work for running too! So my goal is to make sure my mind and body are as healthy and vibrant as possible. It is a way I can take control of preparing myself for motherhood in whatever way it happens for us! The way I see it I am making sure my body is as fit as possible to cope with pregnancy and/or IVF if we go down that road or to cope with the physical aspects of adopting. The mood boost I get from running also means I'm taking control of preparing myself for the emotional toll of whatever road we take. I also find I can pray more easily after a run. Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment