Saturday 24 January 2015

The art of being thankful

In recent months I have been challenged to give thanks as a way of life. So, after the trauma of yesterday I've decided to make a list of 10 things to be thankful for from yesterday:
1. I am thankful I have a God who loves me and values me and wants only good things for me.
2. I am thankful I have a husband who loves me and values me and wants only good things for me.
3 I am thankful Neil could get the whole morning off and we had time to debrief together.
4. I am thankful for the other couples in the waiting room, a reminder we are not the only ones going through this.
5. I am thankful that I had a bit of time before work but also that I could work all evening and today, a useful distraction.
6. I am thankful that I was on with a sympathetic colleague last night who was willing to listen and even give me a hug despite having to step out of her comfort zone to do so.
7. I am thankful for one of the ladies I support who spent the entire evening saying "I love you so much".
8. I am thankful there was chocolate cake at work.
9. I am thankful for supportive family and friends.
10. I am thankful for this blog and the sensitivity with which is been received.

No comments:

Post a Comment