Wednesday 18 February 2015

A decision of sorts

Our appointment where we have to decide whether to have IVF is a week today. We're going away for the weekend so we decided to make our minds up before we go. As I've been working loads we had a discussion last night where we talked about our final decision. We made our minds up. We decided last night to go ahead with IVF and also that adoption would feature somewhere in our future. Last night I had peace with that decision and felt sure that IVF is what God has planned for us next. Last night I was almost excited about doing IVF. Last night. Today I feel emotionally drained and have no peace at all with the decision we've made! Of it really was the right decision for us why do I feel so bad? I have, therefore made a secondary decision. Our appointment is not to Wednesday so I have decided to take the pressure off and leave the final decision till Tuesday. We had decided to not think about IVF while away for the weekend which is why we were going to make our minds up before. I have realised today that we can still not think about it and make our minds up next week! Just writing this all down had helped me process things and have peace with not making my mind up just yet. I know God has a good plan for our journey with infertility and I know that I will have peace with the decision at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment