Tuesday 24 February 2015

Decision made!

Tomorrow we have an appointment with my consultant. After much prayerful consideration and agonising over whether to go ahead with IVF I can finally say I have made my mind up and am at peace with the decision! We will be asking the consultant if it is possible to only fertilise the eggs they implant. We want to make sure that they are not disposing of unused fertilise embryos. If we are satisfied with the answer we will be going ahead with IVF at the earliest available opportunity. I am actually excited about this possibility and would go so far as to say IVF is God's plan for us at this time.
As well as feeling that God is calling us to IVF just now we know that adoption will play a major role in our becoming a family story. In all this decision making and stressing I thought I had to choose between IVF and adoption. It never occurred to me that God could actually use both to build our family! It wasn't until I took some time out and actually listened to God that I realised this was an option. We can't do both at once but we can decide to adopt after we have tried IVF. I'm not ready to give up on the possibility of being pregnant yet. And that's OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment