Monday 18 May 2015

Callings and blessings

Yesterday we went to church with my in laws as we were staying with them for the weekend. The speaker spoke about responding to Gods calling on your life and also serving God in the season you are in. It struck me that this blog is my way of reaching out to others and serving God during this season of infertility. I pray I serve him well in this. Maybe my calling just now is to get alongside couples who are a few steps behind us on this journey.
I have been thinking a lot lately about just how God is blessing me through this season. It's hard to acknowledge blessings, small or otherwise, when the overriding desire of your heart remains elusive. As per previous posts I have been blessed with amazing miracles of healing but my blessings are more than just that. When I look back upon our journey I can see the grace of God at work in many ways I could not see at the time. Although we have had many heartbreaks and disappointments in our journey we have, thus far, been spared the pain of losing our child. I have struggled in the past to see that as a blessing, as strange as it may sound. I felt that my grief was misplaced or less than ladies who had suffered losses. I know now that it is a different type of grief and that we have been spared this pain by God. I have also been blessed with a great support network. We have been blessed with 3 cycles of IVF with PGD on the NHS. We could not pursue this of we lived in a country where we had to pay. I start my new job tomorrow which is a blessing. There are many more I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment