Friday 1 May 2015

A new language

I'm writing this post as some light relief in all this heaviness. Since starting on this journey we've really had to learn a new language! It feels like my life has been reduced to a series of initials and abbreviations. So, here is an account of our treatment written in the language of infertility:
We are having IVF via ICSI with PGD for a BT 13,15 at OFU. I start DR meds in 20 days and start stimming shortly after that. I will then have ER followed, after PGD testing by FET. Then I will commence the 2ww before I POAS hoping for a BFP not a BFN. I used to have PCOS but now I just have PCAO. If I had become pregnant naturally I would have had CVS and/or amnio.
I could go on but that's probably enough! I don't expect you to understand if you're not experienced in this journey, just trying to sprinkle a little humour on things!

No comments:

Post a Comment