Wednesday 14 October 2015

Blob on board!!

Well folks I'm finally in a position where I can say "I have an embryo in my uterus!" Yesterday we went into our clinic for frozen embryo transfer. For such an emotionally significant procedure it was a bit of a non event! We were in the clinic for all of 20 minutes and the transfer itself took about 5 minutes. But that is 5 minutes that has changed my life. We have to wait just short of 2 weeks before I take a pregnancy test to see if this has worked. Other than take it easy there's very little I can do physically now. But I am certain that, even if the test is negative I will be a different person for the experience. Whether it takes or not I now have life in my womb. That changes a person. We started trying in the middle of 2012 and sought medical help towards the end of 2013. 2014 was spent trying various fertility treatments and procedures all without fruit. By January 2015 we had to decide whether to take the IVF road. After much prayer we felt certain IVF was God's will for us so embarked on our current road. As I have posted here before many miracles have confirmed this is God's will. All that considered I have waited nearly 3 years to be able to say there is life in my womb. I am praying this little blob will implant and stick hard. It's hard to take it easy when I don't feel as if I need to but I will do what I need to for my little blob.

No comments:

Post a Comment