Tuesday 6 October 2015

Timeline of miracles

I had another miracle in my IVF journey this morning which means transfer can go ahead early next week. I imagine I'm going to get quite caught up in the excitement of that and the (hopefully) resulting pregnancy so I've decided to write a timeline of the miracles and answers to prayer that have featured in our IVF journey. I'm putting it in a blog post so I can find it easily and also in the hope that it may encourage others. There have been many miracles in our lives and several (particularly financial provision) overlap with our IVF timescale. However this timeline is just for IVF miracles. That way I can see just how much God is in control of IVF in particular. Am extremely grateful to God for all the miracles but wanted a visual reminder of God's hand on IVF before I get carried away with baby stuff!
25.02.2015: We had a positive appointment with our fertility consultant, following a terrible experience last appointment. He referred us for IVF.
13.04.15: 1st IVF appointment. A scan shows I no longer have the PCOS I was diagnosed with 18 months previously. This is a miraculous healing. The scan also showed my uterus had changed shape! 18 months previously I was told I had a heart shaped uterus which would make it slightly harder for me to carry a baby. This scan showed a normal triangular shaped uterus with just a tiny dip! Praise God!
05.07.15: My period started as an instant answer to prayer meaning I could progress with treatment with minimal medication.
14.07.15: We received the news that we have 4 genetically normal embryos frozen and waiting for my body to be ready.
August/September15: I had a30 day cycle (normal for me) with proven ovulation, after a very long cycle. An answer to prayer and the cycle which enabled me to get going with appointments for frozen transfer.
06.10.15: I got a solid smiley face on my ovulation test signifying ovulation. This was a true answer to prayer as the test is supposed to show a flashing smiley face for 2 days at least before a solid and I had had no smiley face at all. Was beginning to panic that I wouldn't ovulate and that transfer wouldn't fit into my annual leave. Asked people to pray and low and behold I ovulated straight away!

Have a scan tomorrow and will book in for transfer probably next Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment