Thursday 1 September 2016

I am a swan!

The other day Neil was walking beside the river when he heard a mighty slapping noise. He looked around and found the sound was being made by a swan. It was running along the water about to take off.
At a prayer meeting recently a friend was praying for me and said I was like the ugly duckling. I didn't see myself as beautiful like God sees me. She said that to see his true, beautiful self the swan had to soar above the water & see his reflection. I have to do that too. I have to trust God to lift me above my circumstances so I can see myself as He sees me.
I have been struggling with how I see myself recently. I've gotten so lost in all this infertility and loss I've lost sight of who I really am. I don't see myself as beautiful. I see myself as flawed, not a real woman. I'm working on having a better image of myself and this reassurance from God that he sees me as beautiful really helps.

I was thinking about the swan Neil saw and the swan related word my friend brought and It struck me that the two are connected. The swan that Neil saw was  about to soar above the water like the one my friend talked about. But to do so it had to put in an almighty effort and there was a lot of noise, splashing and water displaced in the process. That is how it is with me. I'm about to soar above the water; to see who God has made me to be; to move into the freedom of being that person. But in order to soar I have to go through a whole lot of noise first. There's stuff in my life that needs to be displaced before I can fully see who I really am in Christ. I just have a bit more noise to make and a bit more splashing to do before I can figure out what that stuff is and get it out of the way. Watch out people, I am a swan and I'm about to soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment