Monday 21 December 2015

An unexpected wait

It would seem nothing is ever simple with our IVF journey! Yesterday I woke up with severe cramps like really bad period pain. I then went to the loo and discovered I was bleeding, really quite heavily. I called the clinic and they said it would be too early to see anything on a scan. So I had blood taken today and will have more taken on Wednesday. The levels of pregnancy hormone in my blood should double every 48 hrs if I'm still pregnant. The bleeding has stopped and my nausea has returned. I will find out on Thursday, Christmas eve, if I'm still pregnant. So this week will be the wait I never expected.

I am worried but there's nothing I can do now, I just have to wait it out. Worrying isn't going to make me stay pregnant. Praying might! This journey has been full of bumps and lessons. It's exhausting this early pregnancy lark!

No comments:

Post a Comment