Monday 15 February 2016

Pain gets in the way

As I was walking home today I noticed a slightly harassed looking woman pushing a buggy coming the opposite way on the pavement. The baby in the buggy was really screaming. When I saw her I felt strongly that when we passed I needed to say to her "you're doing a good job". I don't know but I have a feeling this urge came from God. However, she was far enough away that I had time to think about whether I'd say it or not, and as I was thinking my pain got in the way of me being obedient to God. Instead of thinking how I would bless this stranger I started to get jealous that it wasn't me looking harassed and pushing a screaming baby. I was thinking all about me and getting cross at God again that the miscarriage meant my one chance to date at having a baby slipped through my fingers. With all that going on when we did pass I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Instead I consciously made eye contact and smiled at her. She half smiled back but probably wasn't as blessed as she would have been had I said the words. I wanted to at least show her somebody cared by smiling and noticing her. Don't feel like it's enough though.
I actually thought I was doing OK with all this. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up about this. I'll take it to God, receive grace and try better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment