Sunday 8 March 2015

Being thankful

I know I've already posted here about thankfulness but it was baby thanksgivings at church this morning and the sermon was about being grateful. I spent most of the service in tears wondering when our turn to stand at the front and celebrate and give thanks for our children. I hate how this infertility struggle makes me so jealous! It's so hard to be thankful with others when my own pain is so present. But I went and I did thank God for those children. I realised actually that in all the pain I have become blind to the many gifts God has already given us! So here is a list:
We both have jobs that allow us to live and have treats.
We are now living in a much better flat and had lots of help to move.
Both our works are very understanding and accommodating with appointments etc.
We are both in good health (apart from the infertility!)
We have an amazingly supportive network of church friends.
We have received amazing support from other friends and our families.
We have people to have fun with and laugh with.
I have a great kitchen I can bake in!
I have just become a volunteer baker for a group that make cakes for kids so get to bake and decorate more cakes!
I have several relaxing hobbies I can choose from to help me chill out!
I can access a support network of fellow travelers on the road of infertility through the internet.
I have an amazing husband who loves me through all the trials even when I'm horrid to him!
I'm sure there's more but that will do for now. I am off course grateful for this blog and for the many people who pray for us off the back of what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment