Sunday 15 March 2015

Mother's day

I have spent mother's day doing a long day at work so have been playing with, cooking and cleaning for and generally looking after the guys here. Oh how my heart aches for the day when I can do those things for my own children. Will I ever receive a mother's day card from my own child? Mother's day during infertility is an interesting thing. On the one hand it's a painful reminder of what I long for but don't seem able to have. On the other hand it's a day to be thankful for the gift of motherhood and my own mother and others who have 'mothered' me over the years. It's also a time to give thanks for the children I will have. As the name of this blog reflects I know I am made to nurture and I have many opportunities to do that in this job. I am thankful for that outlet but it hurts that I cannot yet nurture my own children. So as I reflect on this mother's day I am thankful for mother's but sad that I am not one yet.
Happy mother's day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment