Tuesday 21 April 2015

God's timing

Last summer we had three areas in our lives where we needed major breakthrough from God. Firstly we needed to move as our flat was in a really bad area and very moldy and damp and small. I needed to find a new job that didn't involve an hour and a half commute or have the same levels of stress and concern as my current job. Finally, and probably most obviously on this blog, we needed breakthrough in our infertility and to become parents! In my plan, fueled by worldly impatience, I imagined all three happening within weeks of each other. In my head, all three prayers being answered simultaneously would be my proof that God had not forgotten about us. It did not happen like that, can you imagine my stress levels if it did! I really thought I could move house, start a new job and be newly pregnant all at the same time! I now realised that God had not abandoned us and his timing and wisdom is perfect! We moved into a lovely flat in October last year. Next month I start a new job in a local Christian care charity. Finally, all being well with IVF we'll be ready to implant an embryo in August. I know this may not lead to a healthy pregnancy but at least I should be settled in my new job by the time I am pregnant. Looking back everything has happened at just the right time, or will happen at just the right time. I'm sure this won't stop me praying impatient prayers in the future but hopefully I can learn to better trust God's timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment